First formed by Joe and Crystal Burgess in 1985 with an original membership of about 6 people, the club has grown to about 170 members in the intervening years. Our members generally live along the Lake Huron shoreline area ranging from the Bayfield area in the south to the Tiverton -Inverhuron area in the north and inland to include members from Clinton and Lucknow areas.
- To preserve wildlife and its natural habitat.
- To promote a public interest in, and knowledge of the natural history of the area, for a better understanding of the value of our natural heritage.
- To promote, encourage and co-operate with organizations and individuals having similar interests and objectives.
Projects and Initiatives
Our activities over the past few years have included:
- Encouraging Bluebird population by building and maintaining Bluebird houses and teaching school children about same.
- Assisting Ontario Nature with re-establishment of native trees and shrubs in the G.G. Newton Reserve (Goderich area)
- Assisting with the Kincardine Annual Christmas Bird Count and MacGregor Point Provincial Park NABA (North American Butterfly Association) Butterfly Count – July
Habitat improvement and protection of nest sites for Wood Turtle conservation in the Lower Maitland Watershed.